Sunday, June 7, 2009

Praises all around!

We've received 1-1/2 inches of rain in this last few days and now the sun is shining! We'll be able to watch the produce grow, as well as the weeds *wink*

Today I set out to get some much need organizing done upstairs. The room between the bedrooms upstairs, I keep our file cabinets in there as well. We think it was possibly used as a sewing room or a nursery, it only measures 8ftx10ft. Lately has it has become the catch all room and was a HUGE mess! I had been inspired to get this done for two reasons, to clean the room, as well as find items un-used to put into a garage sale we'll be having on the 13th. Our small town is having a community garage sale and we chipped in for advertising our address.

I found several items; books, small children's games, an Easy Bake Oven Cortney never used,etc..... I also cleaned our our file cabinets, well...... it's a work in progress but at least I've started. *wink* I found I still had taxes from 1988 in one drawer. I went through the drawers and removed old out dated items and placed in bags, to be burned in the burn barrel.

How many of you keep warranty info on purchased items? I'm so efficient that I had a whole drawer full of warranty items and at least half of it was stuff we sold, or got rid of! LOL! I did find the warranty and manuals for the wood chipper and the pull behind sprayer( behind a riding mower or three wheeler) we'll be selling in the sale.

When we moved here we'd downsized from a 2,500sq ft home to this house, which is 1,090 sq. ft. Even though we gave away loads of items away and held a garage sale we still packed and brought items with us that......shamefully are still packed in boxes, we've been here for 6-1/2 yrs. *sigh* Those boxes are all going into the sale, Mike and Cortney are forbidden to look, because then they'll want to keep something,*wink* LOL! I look at it like this, if we haven't needed or missed it in 6-1/2 yrs we really don't NEED it, right?

Maybe now that I'm motivated to get this part of my life in order I'll actually get time to repaint Jon's old room. Then Cortney and I will have a place to work on crafts and sewing and still have a bed so if company comes we have a spare room too. I'm going to have to primer the one wall in his room because he camouflaged it and the black and dark green will be hard to cover otherwise. I haven't decided on a color yet, but I'm thinking a light yellow or a light sage green. This room has a nice sized window and a wood floor. The closet will be used for storage of items we don't have room to put anywhere else( the new catch all*grin*).

Well, I'm signing off and going outside to finish weeding in the front flowerbeds, while the sun is still shining and the weeds pull easily due to the soil being so wet.

Blessing to you all in this coming week.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Kelle! Love what you're doing with your blog--especially your new background--really special!!
Jenny told me this: when you're doing your post do it on the "HTML" tab instead of the "Compose" tab and that will eliminate the long spaces in between your posts. Once I get my pictures uploaded then I switch to "Compose" and do my writing, then publish. ??Not sure if that will help. luv you, dear one.

Linda said...

Kelle, I just scrolled down to your post on Wednesday. I'm so sorry-again-still. You have so much stress in your situation. I don't even know what to say except that I will lift you all up in prayer. My heart hurts for you. What a crown you will have in heaven. In your garden! Garden Queen!!

You've obviously had some "comments" problems. You don't have to post this-just between you and me.

small farm girl said...

You can come and clean my house after your done. Oh now I get it, the never done farm. Oh your sooo clever.

Faith said...

What a burst of energy! Feels so good to get something huge like that done. I agree, don't let them peek. LOL

Praising God with you for the rain. :) I thought the soil had enough water here, as when I dug done, it was still dark with moisture, but my plants sure took off with a really good watering the other day.

~Faith

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...