Sunday, January 10, 2010

Irrigating in the dead of winter!!! Time released that is...

This is how to irrigate in winter*wink* Mike was focusing on some
areas we had trouble getting enough water to last Fall.
Boy having this tractor and loader is such a blessing, otherwise we'd
have been hauling it in the wheelbarrow. Out here by the cow barn, it
wasn't such a big deal but by Mo's corral it would be, as it melts, it
drains into his corral, then refreezes and he has a skating rink before
you know it . Then coming into Spring thaw it's a mucky mess!

This is a before, actually Mike's already hauled a few loads out to the

pasture.

Much better. Let the chopping of water continue! LOL!
On to the next project, especially since the tractor is already running.

The manure pile is composting nicely, but needs to be turned. Besides

we are running out of room. It's amazing just how much manure these

animals produce.

I had to giggle, I wasn't fooled a bit, Mike LOVES to play on

the tractor! *wink*

See that steam, it's composting down nicely and should be ready, just

in time for the gardens and pastures!

Not a lot new going on, working bit by bit on organizing, and Spring

cleaning. I do have to share, we finally made it out of the stone ages

and now have broadband Internet, YEAH!!!! I've been having such fun.

I'm amazed at how much time I spent waiting for things to load. In fact

pictures took so long that I would multi task while waiting and forget

watching YouTube clips. Now we can watch them, we're having fun as

well as learning.

I'll have to remember to make videos, and download them on here.

Maybe a few short, " A Day in the Life on The Never Done Farm"

For eash season, Hmmmmm?

Until then, Spring cleaning and a few other projects. Take care and

blessings. :o)


6 comments:

Bob from Athens said...

You do realize of course that one of the big differences between men and boys is the size of their toys, in this the size of the tractor.

Anonymous said...

Yea!! Broadband!! You will love it! I remember when I switched over - I was just amazed! As for animal poo, I had 2 horses and am in agreement as to how much poo they can make! lol ...debbie

small farm girl said...

Hubby likes to "play" on his tractor too.

DSL is so nice isn't it?

Tonia said...

Faster internets is soo cool!! Everyonce in a while I am reminded about how slow things use to be on here.. I could only view one page at a time. Now I usually have No Less than three at a time!lol
Hmm a tractor would come in handy here right now.. But its a wheel barrow for us... All well we need the exercise!

Faith said...

Kelle!

YAY! Welcome to broadband! LOL

I remember when we finally got it, 2 or 3 years ago, the difference was incredible. All the things I'd heard people talk about but never got to experience were finally open to me.

Now you need a Flock browser. It makes loading your photos soooooo easy. It must have taken my blog simply hours to load for you, with all the pics I put on there.

Flock is a free browser that is hooked up to my online storage base. When I make a post, all I do is open the media strip, up pop all my photos on a ribbon that I can run through easily, then I just drag and drop the ones I want into my blog editor. Saves so much time! Plus, there's no limit to worry about, since your photos are never stored on the blog host.

It's cool.

We have sun today, and it's going to make it above the freezing mark! :o)

~Faith

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Bob,
I can totally relate to that statement and you know what, men's toys cost a whole lot more!*wink*

Debbie, I see on your blog that ole, man winter is enjoying his vist to your state! Thankfully we've gotten a reprieve from that bitter cold. In fact we've actually let the wood stove die out during the night and by morning it's a balmy 58F, but with a quick building of a new fire it quickly warms up*wink* It's better than getting up twice or three times a night and then in the morning it's still 58F, LOL!

SFG,
Yes broadband is wonderful! We've been having such fun watching and viewing everything we couldn't on dial up.
I can see your Dh loving his tractor, I think he and Mike would hit it off great!
I bet you're glad your Dh is home again, it's always nice to have a wee break, it makes the heart grow fonder*wink*

Tonia,
Yes moving along quite a bit faster, I LOVE it!
Our first tractor( which we still have) is a Farmall Super M, but it didn't have a loader so.. we began shopping for a loader. Well, the prices ran from $1,500 to $2,000, in the meantime a elderly farm friend of ours was selling off his equipment and had a Farmall M for sale. Mike enquired as to the price and he told Mike he'd make us a screaming deal because he knew we'd take good care of it and if he ever needed it he wanted the option of borrowing it. The price... $1,500 and he threw in a small square baler too( we had one, but this was the next bigger version) Can you believe it... a tractor and laoder for what just a loader would have cost! What a blessing :o)

Faith ,
It is great! I was having difficulty looking at your blog. Most of the time the pictures wouldn't download at all, we just got boxes with a red X in the lefthand corner, but I was able to at least read your blog. Now, zip, zip and it's all loaded, pictures and all!

I'm am techno. challenged and wouldn't dare do anything for fear it would ruin the computer. Then we'd simply be out. Our computer is about 8 yrs old and my worry is that one day it will just die! I guess if that happens we'll figure something out, or not.

Thanks for the info. but I think I'll keep doing it the old fashioned way.*sigh* Besides with BB it doesn't take long at all*wink*



Blessings for your day everyone!
Kelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...