Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Show and Tell

This is the necklace and braclet Cortney made at our beginner beading
class last night. I thought being outside it would show the beautiful
colors, but alas the camera just doesn't do it justice *sigh*
We also learned how to make ear rings, but ran out of time.
There is a better picture below( 3rd), at least it shows the color better

This is the necklace and bracelet I made. I'm not a jewelry person, so
thought that smaller beads were better. The main beads are Mother
of pearl and then crystal beads and silver spacers to offset it. It's 200%
more beautiful than the picture shows, and that is credit to the
beautiful beads not my work.


Here the color is better of Cortney's, but still not doing it it's full justice.


The result of the rhubarb in the 5 gallon bucket. We made this pan of
crisp and plan to make rhubarb sauce and can it, with the remainder.
Rhubarb is an acquired taste and we tend to like ours on the tart side,
so we don't overload it with sugar.
Rhubarb, like dandelion greens is a good Spring tonic to cleanse your
liver. Most likely, it is best eaten raw, provided you can stand it that
way! *LOL*



Shows the bags full, these are gallon size. We've stored them for a
few days, until we have time to make and can the sauce. I need to bring
up a couple dozen pint jars, my waterbath canner, lids and needed
items. Sure wish the strawberries were ripe, we'd make Strawberry
Rhubard jam and pie, YUMMMMMM.....! The strawberries are just
now beginning to bloom and I have first dibs on the biggest ripe one
I can find! *wink*








































8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST LOVE, LOVE Rhubarb and I also like it on the tart side. I make at least one cobbler a summer and we just inhale it!! The jewerly is really pretty. What a fun class!! We wanna see earings to match next!!...debbie

small farm girl said...

I love the jewelry!You guys did so good. I think your daughter has a gift. Believe it or not, I've never tried rhubarb. Maybe one of these days.

Faith said...

They came out really nicely! That class had to be a lot of fun. Will you be going to more?

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Rhubarb crisp. I love crisps. :)

~Faith

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Thanks for your compliments ladies!
Yes, the jewelry class was fun. I'm not into jewlery but like to design things. My hope is to one day find the time to persue quilting and I mean machine piecing but quilting by hand like my Grandma taught me. As soon as Cortney is finished with her hours of school( 25 more to go!) I'll have more time to do some of the things I've put on the back burner. I also draw and paint( watercolor is my favorite) As you know living this life you are busy,now add in planning school work and correcting papers, it doesn't leave much time to do anything else. I pray this doesn't sound selfish, but I'm looking forward to doing things I like to do.

Cortney has a very good eye for design and really finds it relaxing to make jewelry. She's hoping to sell some when we sell produce. She also cross stitches tea towels and is learning to crochet pot holders and dish rags.

We love rhubarb as well and it is one of the easiest fruits to grow, harvest and use.

Cindy H. said...

Hey Cortney,
Love the jewelry. Purple happens to be my favorite color. Are you selling any?
Kelle,
Do your neighbors just happen to drop in when you are baking? That happen to me when we lived in town.
Have you ever made rhubarb custard pie? Good but fattening stuff.
Talk to ya later. Cindy

Sincerely, Emily said...

Great jewelry - Purple is my fav color too. I laugh openly at the rhubarb. I planted a plant this spring and I have gotten 5 short skinny stalks. I smile at the days when I was growing up in MN & WI of HUGE plants with so much RHUBARB. And smile at your photos of bags and bags. I am in So. TX now and I think it is a bit too hot right now. SO next year I will be watching this new plant for bigger and better. I have lovingly chopped up each stalk it as given me and stashed it in the freezer in hopes that I would have enough to make something, anything......but not yet. so I just giggle again and dream of next spring.

Jenny said...

The jewelry is beautiful! Wow! Hey, Kelle, be sure to check out my blog- I tagged you!!

Snowbound Farms said...

We love rhubarb, but ours is just now starting since we live up north. Love the Page, happy I found you. Our farm will probably never be done either. lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...