Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Cortney surprised me with this dozen roses, bought with
her own $$,aren't they beautiful!!!!!

Mike and Cortney made me breakfast; bacon, scrambled eggs
and toast.

Mike tilled and set rows in our garden, until the belt broke
on the tiller *sigh* He only has 5 more rows to set and he's be done.

Mike and Cortney planned the supper menu and wouldn't let me help
So I snuck out and took pictures while they were inside and then
inside while they were outside.


Trying to hurry, so I don't get caught peeking and got my finger
in the picture.



Homemade french fries, with skins on, and green beans.
They have something special for dessert, but have yet to
reveal the secret. My guess is ice cream of some sort.
Jon stopped in on his way to work and wished me a wonderful
Mom's Day. He also gave me a gift, a pin.
We also went to a local greenhouse and bought a few flowers for
the two front flower boxes on each side of the driveway entrance
We also purchased 5 pots for my Mom she has a favorite flower
and can plant them in one of her pots in the front of their home.
As you can see for yourself I had a very blessed Mother's Day
and we plan to watch an old western, Nevada Smith, while enjoying
the surprise dessert.
Blog Mom's, praying your day was full of special
blessings as well!








































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!! The flowers are beautiful. Don't you feel so honored? Motherhood is so tough but it does have its wonderful moments.
Your lawn looks so green. I feel like going barefoot in it but you have dogs. Maybe that is not a good idea.
I heard from all my kids. Today has been very emotional for me.
Talk to ya sometime. Love your pictures. Cindy Herbek

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Cindy, good to hear from you again. Actually I'm on the owing end of the emails, sorry.

You could run through the front yard and 95% of the time through the rest, we do poop patrol twice a week and really the dogs use the pastures not the yard so much in summer.

I did feel VERY HONORED, roses, flowers for my boxes, a pin and not having to cook anything all day.

We've been praying for you and your foster youngman. Are things getting easier for all of you?

Well, it's beautiful and I want to get laundry done, salad green( seeds planted in the garden before it rains tomorrow), clean the herb beds more and if there is still time transplant some hollyhocks for one spot to another.

Blessing to you today,
Kelle

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

What a wonderful day you had! I'll have to post about mine, but I asked for help rather than material things this year & I got it! Sorta paralleled yours :D

Tonya Gunn said...

Kelle,
What a wonderful day. I enjoyed just being with my blessings and husband. Unfortunately, the weather was wet and cold. However, we enjoyed drawing together, cooking, attending Meeting and just being a family.
Many blessings,
Tonya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...