Friday, May 22, 2009

This and That, Before and Afters and an Urgent Prayer Request

A shot of Mo grazing in front of the cow barns.
You can barely see the asparagus, I guess I should have wet the soil.
I planted these last Fall, they're a shared gift from a friend. It will be a
few years before we get a harvest, but it's a start.

Look at the picture below, to see how bad the weeds had invaded
I'm paying for not being able to keep up, due to my back last season
I was surprised to see that so many strawberries pressed on in
competition with all the weeds. The strawberries in the raised bed
are ever bearing and the ones around the perimeter are June bearers.
still have two sides to weed out, but have to take it in small bites so my
back doesn't flare up. I watered them good yesterday, so pulling weeds
should be easier over the next few days.


I'm embarrassed to even show this to all of you. On a positive
note, you can see with your own eyes we do garden naturally *grin, wink*
Yes we have dandelions, so what if we have yellow dotted throughout
our property. The cows, horse and birds live them and you should
see the honey bees!
Without many details, I'd like to ask those of you who pray to send up
special prayers for two young boys in our area.
A little background; As many of you have read, Mike is a EMT.
Last night about 10 pm the ambulance tones came across the radio.
Mike is on call this week, but actually covered for a fellow EMT two weeks
ago, so this EMT was covering for Mike.
The call came in as a gun involved and to stage away from the scene,
no other details. Mike responded to scene, not sure of what had happened
or how much help would be needed.
To make this short, a man was fatally shot and two boys witnessed this.
One boy lost his father to the shooting and the other boys father was
arrested. It's terrible for all involved, but it's been heavy on my heart for
these boys. Please hold them up in prayer and I probably won't have
any updates, because this is a very hush, hush situation.
It has been on the news( radio and TV) because Jon heard it
They reported the location wrong and said it was a place on the river by
the bridge. We're second to last from the bridge, so he was concerned
about who this was( knowing it wasn't us or he'd have heard).
































6 comments:

Faith said...

How awful! I pray those boys are protected from the fallout of what has happened and find all they need in the Lord.

I used to garden naturally, but it's a bit harder here, and I am in a battle for food at this time, so I've resorted to chemicals until I can get control of the place.

Your place looks lovely! I've got everbearers and Junebearers as well. Just put them in this year, so we won't have too much, but we have eaten a few. :)

~Faith

MrsBumppo said...

Kelle,

Thanks for sharing this prayer request! We will be praying here. What a hard situtation!

On the gardening note!! love to see your weedy pics! :) We have weeds here, have to get to tilling this weekend. We haven't been able to get into our big gardens due to them being full of water. So a reseeding we will go! Got to get it done tonight and tomorrow to beat the rains again. But I am great with the rain, I know there will be a time soon when we won't have any for a long time! :)

praying,
Gina

small farm girl said...

It's good to know I'm not the only one with weeds. I couldn't believe you have weed. You know, you being super woman and all. hehehe

~Tonja~ said...

Prayers for all...how sad...
hey I have a garden area like that..
I think of the weeds as God's garden...
hope you have a wonderful weekend...
Blessings...
Tonja

Anonymous said...

WE will be praying also. Those poor boys.
Your garden looks so nice.
We just got back from Missouri.
Will write more later. Cindy

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Thank you all for your prayers, it's weighed heavy on my heart all day and I've prayed off and on all day as we planted, watered and weeded.

Mike can't talk about the calls but he did give basic info of what happened. Then when the local news was on tonight they gave more info. The manshot was 42 yrs old and it was his father who shot him. The father has given his statement and plead guilty. He was given a 1 million $$ bond. The investigation is ongoing. Our little rural town doesn't even have a murder on it's books and our county hasn't has one for 9-10 yrs. The house is just 1/2 mile down the road from our place, we didn't know the people but had exchanged waves in passing. The one boy was 14 yrs old and I think the other was 9. It gets complicated, the older boy was the brother to the man shot and the younger was the shot mans son. Continue to pray for the young men. Our whole community is in shock :o( and a buzz with rumor patrol*sigh*


Gina,
Gardening certainly is never boring, is it? I work hard to never complain about rain, mud yes but not rain *grin, wink* We fought rain last year and then like you said , it was dry and hot the rest of the summer and again in late Fall it was rainy again. Besides we can water and water and then God waters and everything just seems to turn a new shade of green and grows before our eyes.
Have a blessed and productive reseeding party. Thanks for your prayers, it's a comfort.

SFG,
I only wish I was super woman*wink* but alas I am not, so I simple keep pluggin along like the energizer bunny, only plumper and blonde* LOL!.

Tonja,
Agreed many weeds are God's herbs and a blessing for us. The one weed that is a true thorn in my side is, Bindweed or morning glory. We pull it, hoe it and have even poured boiling vinegar water on it and it pops back up even stronger*sigh*
Enjoy your weekend and may it be full of blessings.
Kelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...