Thursday, April 16, 2009

To the store, to the store, to the store we go......

to the Ace Hardware store that is. We've been remodeling our back entry and now are to the point of primering and painting the walls. I'd also like to repaint our Ds old room, which now will be converted into guest/ craft room. On Monday, in the mail, we received a coupon from Ace Hardware to be used April 15th thru 19th. What a blessing!, it's for gallons of paint, buy one get one free. This is up to 5 gallons, so buy 5 and get 5 free! What a savings, as the satin paint is running $24.99 a gallon and the Kiltz primer was almost $30 a gallon and we'll need two gallons.

We're only painting the upper portion of the walls, because from the floor up 4 ft will be tongue and groove knotty cedar and trim to finish it off. The paint color is a medium sage green and I think I'll carry it into the kitchen on the wall behind the wood cookstove, although that's not a for sure plan, just a thought on how to tie the two rooms together a bit. The kitchen is a light cream color, so one wall of color may just jazz it up a bit.

I used to be afraid of color, everything was white or cream. Then I decided to paint the livingroom a rusty red on the upper portion of the walls and a taupe on the bottom with a cream trim dividing the two colors and on the window and door trim as well. When I put on the first few strokes of red, Mike gulped and said, " I don't know it's pretty red and dark?" I paid him no mind and kept painting. You see I had a picture in my head and it turned out exactly like I'd pictures it. I'll post a picture of before and after and see what you think!

It's just paint and if you don't like it, it's a pretty simple change, although paint is rising in price it's still the cheapest way to give a room an entirely different look. Best of all for us frugal homesteaders, it's a do it yourself project as well.

Well off to clean barns, let the girls out and fill water tanks. Then we're off , To the store, to the store, to the Ace Hardware store we go......

May your day be filled with blessings,
Kelle and Cortney

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...