Friday, April 24, 2009

Thinking on the positive side this morning.....




Good morning, well it's closer to afternoon.
There are ways of looking at everything, I lean toward positive or half full thinking. Not that I don't have my negative, half empty moments *sigh*, after all the Lord is still working on me.This whole week, thus far, has been full of hurried activity. I'm referring to Spring clean up of course. One small item I forgot though...... I'm out of shape, after a long winter and now I'm paying for it, via sore muscles, stiff neck and just plain ole' pooped. Yesterday I think did the most damage, as I knew of a fore casted snow storm barreling our way! Mike had started tilling the garden, where we'd planned to plant the taters this season but I felt like I needed to race the weather and get the whole( main garden) tilled. This is no small undertaking, as the main plot is over 1/4 acre in size. When you have a front tine tiller, it takes many moons to get this accomplished and having not gotten it tilled under in the Fall didn't help matters any. I started tilling around 1pm. and I finished up everything, except where Mike had started, around 5 pm.
Here in lies the glass half full moment! The good Lord, knew I needed a rest from all this Spring clean up. Now today, because of the snow, I have time to clean the house a bit, maybe make a pie to compliment our leftover ham and bean soup and cornbread.
Cortney is looking forward to painting a birdhouse her grandma bought on Monday and decided she didn't want to paint, so asked Cortney to paint it for her. She's finishing up her History reading, as I type and then we'll eat dinner( lunch) then she can begin the bird house project.
If I have time, I'd like to sit a spell and read a new book I received in the mail. The author of this book is, Herrick Kimball and the title of the book is; The Deliberate Agrarian. So far I have laughed, agreed whole heartily and made to think outside my box, so to speak. Mr. Kimball has written short essays, combined in this book and although the stories are different from our lives in many ways, they are also so very similar that it gives this book, "Down Home" feeling. I've learned that instead of referring to our life as homesteading/ old fashioned, it's truly a Christian Agrarian life. I highly recommend this book to those of you swaying away from the era of Industrialism and instead choosing to living a simple, separate, deliberate, family/ home centered lives to the glory of God for the building of His kingdom.
Here is the link to Mr. Kimball's website; http://www.thedeliberateagrarian.com
May you find rest and feel the blessings of the Lord today.
Kelle















2 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I feel your pain. Or, rather, I feel MY pain. I have done the same thing, and over-worked my poor body. I pay dearly for it in the evening, but it is so rewarding to look out and see how much I got done.
I tried to find Mr. Kimball's book at the library, but he's not in our system. Darn. I love books like that.

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Mr. Kimball has this book on sale via his blog/ website this month for only $10 and that includes S/H. IMHO, it's worth the $10 and that says a lot, as I'm very frugal when buying books. I too, first try to find them at the library before purchasing anything.

Mr. Kimball's blog is in my favorite blogs; The Deliberate Agrarian. He's stopped blogging, but there is lots of great information on his blog. I found his blog just weeks before he stopped blogging.
Have a productive and blessed weekend, be sure to rest those sore muscles as well*wink*
Kelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...