Monday, October 19, 2009

Today is an important Birthday

Our Ds, Jon is 21 yrs old today! Wow I can't believe my first born is that old and yet I feel so young, well..... most days that is*wink*


Yes, this is what you think, but..... before you jump to any conclusions...
it's our grand baby. Yes, we're going to be grandparents in April.

This is our Ds, Jon, his fiance', Bobbie and her little boy, Jaymes.
Jon and Jaymes enjoying the nice weather and taking a SLOW spin on

Great Grandpa Ty's three wheeler. Jaymes love it!

I think someone( Beth) missed us over the weekend, hee! hee!

We did manage to get the last 5 rows of spuds dug, and a few odds

and ends projects finished but we also has company on Sat., my Aunt

Linda and her Mom came for a nice visit, mid morning Sat. Linda was

was gracious enough to offer to pick up a couple 50# bags of a 7 grain

rolled cereal mix from Wheat Montana on her way through Three Forks.

The rest of the weekend we did rest, well.... view the photo above!


Just a picture of Addy( on the right) and Button working their way out

into the back pasture. Behind them is the granary and the A-frame we

use when butchering the pigs.

I almost forgot to tell you our exciting news on Friday evening. Mike had just gotten home from work, Cortney and I were finishing up evening chores and getting the turkeys and chickens locked up for the night. We came inside and Mike was in the bedroom changing out his battery on his emergency radio because he was on-call this week for ambulance, when he turned around and saw....... Okay he quietly yelled for Cortney and myself to come slowly toward the window. When we looked out the window we simply couldn't believe our eyes it was a bear cub, no regular bear cub but rather a grizzly cub! He was at the end of our neighbors driveway and then crossed the road into our front yard, down the side of our house right past the back door and then behind the garage. I called my folks and told them to look out back at the bear cub, just then Mike says it's come up between their house and our garage and is going across the front of their porch. I looked and sure enough it was, so I called back to tell them to look out front now. The cub paused, looking at our horse, Mo, as he snorted and ran around his corral and then looked at the turkey, which made me say," Oh! no you don't, those are already sold!" Then he moved at a brisk gait across the back pasture, down over the edge to the river and swam across the river and then into the bushes on the other side. It all happened so quickly and being it was a grizzly cub we didn't follow to closely and poor Cortney didn't get a picture*sigh* After all the hoopla, neighbors calling and asking if we saw the grizzly cub it dawned on us..... where there is a cub their is typically a Mama, then I was really scared. I'm praying the cub was an orphan and was just traveling through. We told Cortney to keep the dogs with her whenever outside from now on, they'd be her first warning.

So technically we live in the city's limits, in a rural area and we've seen coyotes, fox, raccoons, skunk, a young bull moose and now a grizzly bear cub plus we've heard tell of a cougar in the area, although we've never seen it and hope never to see it either.

That about sums up our weekend!

Have a wonderful week, we'll be grating, slicing for the freezer and pickling carrots, plus milling the last of the tomatoes to can and getting canning stuff cleaned and ready for storage.



8 comments:

Millie said...

Wow! A grizzly! How exciting and scary.
I'm with you- my oldest will be 21 in January. I sometimes wonder how that is possible. I especially wonder it when I'm chasing around our near 10 month old!
Congrats on the grandbaby.

Beth said...

Yes I did miss you!!!! I kept checking in every so often and NO KELLE!! Glad to see you back. Sounds like you had a very exciting visitor this weekend. Glad he kept going and didn't need a turkey snack. Hopefully he'll hibernate somewhere far, far away.

You had a cute visitor too!! Jaymes is a cutie. What boy doesn't like a 4 wheeler?? Looks like both boys were both having a good time.

Congratulations on your son's b-day and the upcoming arrival of your first grandchild.

Napping sitting straight up in a chair? Somebody was exhausted, huh? Get it while you can ;-)

Hope you're having a great Monday.

Faith said...

Wow! Yes, that was my first thought... where is Mama!?

Glad nothing bad came of it. The most exciting wild life we came across today was the cutest little baby snake, about 5 inches long.

Congratulations! A grandbaby!!

~Faith

small farm girl said...

WOW!!!!!! a grizzly! That's cool and frightning at the same time. Your next post had better not be,"Cortny just got eatin by a bear." You guys had better be real careful.

sfg

Linda said...

Kelle, be sure to tell me baby's sex when you know--need to know color, of course! So exciting. Another baby. Love those babies. Jenny's due on 2 May, so we'll have babies really close! What a gift--thank You, Lord!

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

SEE!!! I knew there was a baby somewhere in the mix, LOL. Congrats on the grandbaby!!!

I need to prep & freeze some maters today to get them ready for canning. My cellared maters ripening up beautifully!

Hope you get everything accomplished today that you set out to do.

granny said...

Congratulations Grandma :0)
You have soo many special moments ahead of you.

Judy said...

Oh my word, that's exciting and scary at the same time. I would love to see a bear cub up close but only if it couldn't get me.

Congrats on the new grand baby! That is very exciting news.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...