Monday, October 5, 2009

Soup Swap October


This sounded like it could be fun. I found this via http://www.dailyyarnsnmore.com/mid_life_bliss/
October is a good month to begin adding to your soup recipes, here is one of our favorites

Cheeseburger Soup

1/2 lb of burger

3/4 c, chopped onion

3/4 c. shredded carrot

1c. diced celery ( I sub. in 3-4 Tbsp. minced Parcel)

1tsp. dry basil

1 tsp parsley flake

4 Tbsp. butter

3c. chicken broth

4c. diced potato( I leave skins on)

1/4 c. flour

8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

1-1/2 c. milk

3/4 tsp salt

pepper to taste

1/4 c. sour cream or plain yogurt

In a 4 qt sauce pot, brown burger and set aside. in the same pot saute' onions, carrots, basil, parsley and potatoes in butter until vegetables are tender. Add broth and burger and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmering 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile make milk thick with flour, boil and stir for 2 minutes, reduce heat and add cheese, salt and pepper. Add this to broth, stirring in well, simmer for 10 minutes. Just before serving blend in sour cream. This is a rich hearty soup and by adding whole wheat rolls or corn bread you have a very filling meal.

9 comments:

small farm girl said...

Kelle, I love soup!!!!! I would eat soup in the summer but, Hubby is not that keen on it then. A soup swap is a wonderful idea.

Faith said...

I love this idea. Your soup looks delicious, too.

I will try to post one of my favorites. My absolute favorite soup recipe was lost years ago, and I've been trying to find one like it ever since. But I've got some others.

I've got a pot of home made veggie soup on the stove, simmering, right now. :)

~Faith

Judy said...

That does sound yummy! I'm enjoying this and printing out all the recipes for future use.

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

I agree with each of you and who doesn't want to try a new soup recipe, you can hardly go wrong, right? Mike wouldn't agree I made a cold beet and carrot soup, it had yogurt in it, once in the summer and I thought he was going to gag, LOL! Mike isn't big on soups if serve to often, he says it isn't a meal, it's an appetizer, he is changing a bit and seems to really enjoy veggie soup and he loves the Cheeseburger soup and of course homemade chicken noodle with homemade whole wheat egg noodles, Yum, yum!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I could eat soup every day and this recipe looks great!

Tonya Gunn said...

Soup is a favorite in our family too - boy with our growing children a large pot can disappear at lunch time!
I tend to wing it with broth and what is on hand, but your recipe sounds delicious.

Kelle, the newsletter has been mailed with the handcraft swap item as well.
Thanks again for yours and Cortney's contributions!
Warm wishes,
Tonya

Wendy said...

oooh, tasty! I love cheesy soups. That one looks delish!

Jessica said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe!

Tonia said...

That sounds good. My husband was the same way about soups. But occasionally We can have a good soup and he is alright with it!lol I made veggie soup the other day and it went over really well..
Thank you for the nice comment on my blog!
As for the JD sweatshirt.. Well it was a gift!lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...