Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Prayers needed......

I'd like to ask that you hold Mike up in prayer. He's been suffering since last Friday with pain in his left knee. There is no sign of inflammation, but yet there is heat and it is tender to the touch on and above the knee cap. He doesn't recall mis- stepping, slipping or anything else that might have caused the pain to occur. Currently I'm treating him with Arnica Montana( bruising, pain), Ruta Grav.( for tendonitis or sprain) and herbal tea with Yarrow, Peppermint, Echinachea and honey( which he dislikes, but does drink). I also even rubbed, gently, his knee with DMSO( even though it states it's not for human use, it does work in small doses) Sat. evening he was able to bend it and even put weight on it, then after a full nights sleep with little, to no pain he awoke to the same symptoms. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, yet it isn't getting any better either. He said it feels like a nerve is caught. We ask that you pray for guidance and wisdom, as to how to treat this problem and discernment as to when to seek a orthopedic Dr.'s opinion. We do have medical insurance,major medical only. Mike is praying it will stop being a problem, as quickly as it began. He won't admit it, but he is dealing with a lot of pain. Thank you, your prayers are comforting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PUT ICE ON FOR 20 MINUTES AND OFF 30 MINUTES DURING THE DAY AND STAY OFF IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Is there a possibility that he could have been bitten by a spider or snake? Will keep him in my prayers...debbie

Anonymous said...

Will keep him in my prayers. Is it possibly gout?? And sometimes when people have gout it is aggravated by certain foods. Gout will definitely cause pain and heat in a joint.

Tracy
www.evanspatch.wordpress.com

BTW, found you through our friends at Malachi 4:6.

MrsBumppo said...

Praying for Mike and for wisdom on what to do and what is going on with his knee.

I was wondering as I was reading your post, if you had read about meniscus tears. Bobby suffers from this with his knee and can be down a day or so with his knee. I remember one time it was so bad he fell down(his knee just went out on him) in the barn yard and I had to go out and help him in the house.

Here is a site about meniscus tears, http://health.yahoo.com/musculoskeletal-overview/meniscus-tear-topic-overview/healthwise--te7346.html

praying,
Gina

Aunt Jenny said...

I have knee problems too, so I can relate. It always felt so so so good to me to put a heating pad on my painful knee and then my doctor said NO...ice..no heat. I hate it, but it does help. I will sure keep him in my prayers. Knee pain bites!!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Thank you all for your words of advice. Tracy made a point about it maybe being Gout. I'd been thinking along these lines as well, thus the reason for the herbal tea, to cleanse the urea for his system.
Gina,
Thank you for the link I'll look into this, at this point any advice is a blessing. What is weird is he doesn't remember doing anything to his knee, it just started hurting late on Friday evening, so much he couldn't bend it.

Debbie, Thanks so much for your prayers and I looked for possible spider bite, as they are now beginning to be seen. I could find nothing and there is no redness,or swelling, just heat. We're going to try the ice packs tonight, even if he doesn't want to.

Again all your prayers are of great comfort to us in dealing with this matter.

Blessings,
Kelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...