Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Do any of you have any questions?

Time is getting tighter( springtime clean up and garden preparation) and I'm running low on energy to think of things to post about, so.... I'm asking for your help, what you'd like to know or learn. I'll research it and add what we do that works well for us. I'm looking forward to your questions.

We're headed out to the solar dryer and then out to clean up some flowerbeds and leftover stuff in the garden( Horticulture 101). We hope to get our composted manure spread on the gardens, raspberries( which still need pruning) and strawberries. Mike is also planning, barring any weather, to spread the manure on the pastures as well. It's forecasted to be wet( rain and even snow mix) on and off again for the next week or so. This will not only give a boost to the established grasses, but also to the seed we spread last weekend.

Have a very blessed day! :o)

3 comments:

Sincerely, Emily said...

Hi-
I just found your blog yesterday (can't remember how I got here!). So I am reading past posts to catch up (in between trying to get our taxes ready!). Solar Dryer? Is there already an existing post on this? Is it for drying food? Emily (in S. Texas)

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Emily,
Welcome and glad you found us! No this is my slag term for..... outdoor clothes line, LOL!!! :o) We use the solar dryer until the weather freezes the clothes rather than drying them, then we use drying racks by our wood cook stove. We do have a electric clothes dryer, but rarely use it and right now it's in the garage covered with a tarp. This is because we're STILL, slow as snails, in getting our back porch/laundry room remodeled. It will be worth it when it's all done though.
Thanks for asking and again welcome, make yourself at home and if I can help with something just ask. I also enjoy learning new stuff, so don't be afraid to offer up suggestions or hints!

Blessings,
Kelle

Sincerely, Emily said...

Clothes line - got it. That is fuunnnnyy. We moved to south Texas from Palm Springs, CA a year ago. We had a gas dryer in CA but I had started hanging things outside on a small small clothesline about 1 year before we moved. when we found a house in TX it didn't have gas so I gave the dryer away. I wasn't using it much anyway at that point. We have a great LONG clothesline here in TX and I don't feel the need to get a dryer. So I too am using a Solar Dryer! I grew up in MN & WI so I completely understand the Frozen Clothes and frozen everything! Emily

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...