Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quick pictures of our garlic harvest

All the moisture we received this Spring and early Summer
gave us beautiful head of garlic, some are just a bit smaller
than the circumference of a baseball. I wish the aroma could be
conveyed through our blog. Since we're drying them on our front
porch the whole house smells of garlic, I love it!

Each braid has approx. 12-15 heads and we have eight braids

total this season( six shown in this picture)

. I think we'll expand and plant even more this Fall

with the intention of selling it next season. We'll use most of this

ourselves and I'm going to try making garlic powder, as well as pickled

cloves.

The remaining two braids laying to dry on old chair. The people

whom we've gifted garlic to via Christmas baskets and such, just

love our garlic. It's has a good flavor and is not to spicy. It's a soft neck

garlic and the name escapes me at this moment( blond moment,

*grin*)

Our plan today is weeding, weeding, weed whacking and you guessed

it weeding some more. There is light at the end of the overtaken by

weeds, never done garden! YEAH!!!

We have family coming this weekend for a visit. Mike's baby sister,

Missy, from AZ and his Mom and a nephew. The nephew is

flying from AK down to visit his Grand parents. This may not

seem like a big ordeal but the nephew is less than 10 yrs old!

What a brave fella!

The house if of course in need of cleaning and the yard and garden

are looking presentable.

It looks as if I'm going to loose Cortney for 10 days or so, she'll be

going with Grandma to ND to visit cousins,Aunts and Uncles.

I'll miss her but it is a break for me as well, even if I do end up choring

by myself. I'm the sort of person who likes some time alone, to think,

rest and reorganize myself.

Well, need to get a move on it, don on the mosquito spray and head

out to pull weeds.

Many blessing for your day!


4 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I love, love, love garlic. I should just bite the bullet and grow it myself. The key to eating garlic is to make sure your mate eats it at the same time! No fussin' about bad breath when you both stink!

Faith said...

I left a comment yesterday, but it didn't show up. Commenting has been difficult lately with some of the blog setups also.

But I hope this one comes through.

Thanks for sharing how you process your garlic. :)

~Faith

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

Mmmm.... Garlic.....

2 words for ya:

YUM!!!

HAHAHA!!!

Anonymous said...

Boy! Does THAT ever look Yummy!! We love garlic at our house - I put it in everything! I've never seen it braided. It's really cool looking with the little roots!...debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...