Monday, January 31, 2011

                  Sylvia over at   http://homesteadhope.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award-me-ah-thanks.html  honored us with this blog award! We are truly honored, thank you Sylvia :o), you made our day!


                       as part of this reward, there are 4 things I am asked to do as a recipient:




1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

7 things about myself: Hmmmmm...........

1. I'm a blond, but not in the true sense of the meaning( well I do have my moments, LOL!!)
2. I am a "jack of all trades and working hard to "master" some*wink*
3. I'm very interested in natural healing, I've been studying herbology and homeopathic for almost a decade. In this time I've but only scratched the surface of all there is to learn, so I keep studying and learning.
4. I love all animals, especially horses
5. I tend to be a hermit, not feeling comfortable around large crowds of people. This is why I enjoy our blog so much, I meet truly wonderful people and don't have the pressures of attending a large social event*wink*
6. Before becoming a mother, homemaker and homesteader I was( still am) a..............licensed Cosmetologist. When in school I participated in stylist competitions. I won at Montana state level, was supposed to go to regional, but Mike and I were newlyweds and simply couldn't afford to travel to CA for the regional competition. Although I only attended the State competition, I received a half dozen offers from CA, in particular "Hollywood" to be a stylist to the movie stars. It seems like another life when I think back over it all now, LOL!!!!  Can't you imagine me as hairdresser to the stars, NOT!!!!! LOL!!!
7. As I age, I find myself changing my tolerances( maybe it's just maturity and growth?), for example instead of trying to always be the peacemaker, only to end up hurt, I have begun to take a stand to things/ people. I no longer keep the inner thoughts inside. Now I have to admit I have had to learn to reign in and be careful the words, my tone and attitude. For years I've always kept quiet, not wanting to stir the pot or make things worse, protecting someone elses feeling before my own, etc..... Why not say how you feel and know that you don't have to put up with the ill behavior of others. Life is simply to short to be upset, angry, bitter or depressed. I've always looked at the glass as half full,and from here, forward I hope to see the glass as full to overflowing, although not in a Rosy tone. *wink*

Hope this helps others to understand a little more of what makes me tick *wink*

Again Thank you Sylvia for this award.
As to passing this award forward I always wonder who does and who does not like these type of things so.......  If you are reading this, a blogger and you feel so led, please copy the information above and display this award on your blog. Let me know so we can read a little news about you. 

May your week be blessed and productive :o)

5 comments:

-Heidi said...

I can sure relate to many of the things you shared!

Jamie said...

Kelle~It is so nice to hear that others and not just myself have the same issues.
CONGRATULATIONS on the award,you deserve it.

Tonia said...

The older I get the more I stand up for myself dont even THINK about looking crosseyed at people I believe to be under my protection!LOl!
I have been run over one to many times and I am no longer allowing that to happen..
Thats neat about being a stylist like that... Interesting History!

Modern Day Redneck said...

Kelle your #7 is probably how most of us feel. Being the fun loving peacemaker in my group for so many years I have now turned to the hated one, I don't know why. The only change is just like you said, I quit trying to please them and they turned on me like wild dogs. It's ok though, the baby goats still love me and make me smile.
I hope yall are staying warm, we are trying.

MarkD60 said...

Congrats on your award.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...