Friday, January 28, 2011

The first GM food crop containing human genes is set to be approved for commercial production.

I read this on a web page I frequent and posted it here for all of you to read, just click the link below to read the article in it's entirety
Narmer's Page

The first GM food crop containing human genes is set to be approved for commercial production.


Tuesday, January25, 2011 by narmer



The first GM food crop containing human genes is set to be approved for commercial production.

The laboratory-created rice produces some of the human proteins found in breast milk and saliva.

Its U.S. developers say they could be used to treat children with diarrhoea, a major killer in the Third World.

The rice is a major step in so-called Frankenstein Foods, the first mingling of human-origin genes and those from plants. But the U.S. Department of Agriculture has already signalled it plans to allow commercial cultivation.

The rice’s producers, California-based Ventria Bio science, have been given preliminary approval to grow it on more than 3,000 acres in Kansas. The company plans to harvest the proteins and use them in drinks, desserts, yogurts and muesli bars.

Education is POWER; Click the link above and read the rest of this article!

14 comments:

Mama Mess said...

Our world just gets scarier and scarier.........I wonder how it's all going to end. Wait.......I already know!

The Girl in the Pink Dress said...

This is positively...horrifying. Astounding. Disgusting. I just cannot believe it. UGH!
The Girl in the Pink Dress

jean said...

This mingling of genes is a perversion of God's creation in that He made everything after it's own kind. People will suffer the consequences of this kind of meddling into what is natural. All the more reason we decided to grow our own food. Thanks for the info. I hope a lot of people will take notice.

The Craftivist said...

Creepy. Franken-foods borders on cannibalism in my mind. Just gross, not too mention unhealthy.

Phelan said...

Great! and the farm is somewhere here in Kansas

Jane said...

I really don't know what to say, except I never expected to live to see something of this magnitude pushed down the american peoples throats!Disgusting. I am following your blog you are welcome to follow mine as well. Blessings jane

Jane said...

I just seen where you are a follower thanks so much, I appreciate that, thanks again, Blessings jane

Kat said...

Wow, this is just so awful. I just can't even imagine the horror of being able to patent human genes. Blessings, Kat

Patrice said...

This is so scary!It has the beginning of a horror movie. I can't believe the direction this company is taking the world! Bad stuff!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Very scary. B

MarkD60 said...

To me it sounds like a pretty good idea. It will help kids in third world countries and give them defense against disease.

Mr. H. said...

Thank you for sharing this article and link, I'm off to read it in its entirety.

small farm girl said...

I read this and thought," ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!!!" What else are they going to do?

City Sister said...

That is one of the more frightening things I have heard recently. Yikes what's next!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...