Thursday, February 17, 2011

Update on the Urban Homesteading battle

I need to clarify this; this is NOT my FB page, it is the page of "Denver Urban Homesteading" , it is just an example of the lengths this family is going to over this trademark junk!  Sorry that some of you though it was my facebook page, I don't have a FB page and never will( that's another story)  Please read below what is happening to Denver Urban Homesteading.

DENVER URBAN HOMESTEADING



BREAKING NEWS: OUR FACEBOOK PAGE DISABLED BY FACEBOOK FOR ALLEGED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. FAMILY IN CALIFORNIA CLAIMS TO OWN TRADEMARK ON "URBAN HOMESTEADING" AND "URBAN HOMESTEAD" AND THEY ARE SHUTTING DOWN FACEBOOK PAGES, WEBSITES AND BLOGS ACROSS THE LAND THAT USE THESE PHRASES. FAMILY INSISTS PEOPLE USING THESE PHRASES MUST CREDIT THEM. FAMILY HAS INCORPORATED AS A CHURCH, A CHURCH OF URBAN HOMESTEADING. EPIC BATTLE IS UNDERWAY AND WE ARE WORKING WITH AUTHORS OF HOMESTEADING BOOKS AND OWNERS OF URBAN HOMESTEADING PROJECTS ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER.

http://www.denverurbanhomesteading.com/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am sorry you facebook was shut down. Those people are nuts. I hope they lose - That phrase or few words, have been used for YEARS!!! They're crazy and looking for money no doubt....debbie

Tracy said...

This is distressing. I've been internet-friends with the Dervaes family for years; (not just through blogs and their sites, but private emails, etc.) although we have recently somewhat parted ways due to differences of opinion in some other things. But the were an inspiration to many other urban gardeners, and I hate to see them use this "trademark" nonsense to split the homesteading blog community against them. They were pioneers in many ways, but they should use that for encouragement and support; and be honored by everyone following their example, not be trademarking and turning against them the very folk trying to live as they do. It is sad to see them turn this way.

Niecey said...

I am completely amazed that they are even able to do this!! I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Debbie and Jenise,
I'm sorry I didn't make it clearer that this was NOT my FB page but just wanted to share some firsthand knowledge of how this CA family is operating over this TM mess.

Tracy,
While I do not know or have not had contact with this family but am aware of their accomplishments and have watched many of their You Tube videos I must say at this time all of the good they've done to educate people has been severely overshadowed by all of this trademark mess and why? The only conclusion I can see is GREED!

I'm sorry to hear you had conflict with them as well. :o(
Blessings and thanks you all for your comments,
Kelle

Nekkid Chicken said...

What gets me is, folks are pulling a MONSANTO and copy righting every stinking thing. Hate to say it but, I think it will get worse before common sense prevails. JMHO

Mal

Modern Day Redneck said...

I actually thought our kind of people did not do those kind of things. I thought we all were for the greater good of self living and would share whatever knowledge we have to the newbies and veterans alike. Who would have thunk it? So what denomination or belief system would the Church be? Oh holy chicken egg, how you complete me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...