Thursday, February 5, 2009

Today was a windy, gray day. Personally I function better when the sun is shining. Made another trip into the city with my Mom for a Dr. appointment and we were home again by noon. The morning chores were left for when we returned, so a quick change of clothes and off I was to clean stalls, fill water troughs and put our horse out for his few hours of grazing time. Back to the house I started a fire in the wood cook stove to take off the chill. I've been working on getting laundry finished and hung out on the line, with this wind they dry quickly. Tonight we're having a buffet night, that is what we call cleaning up leftovers.

Several days ago I began sorting through our garden seeds to see if we were in need of ordering anything. Conclusion, the only things I need to order is a replacement Cherry tree, for one that didn't make it last yr and another "Wealthy" apple tree to replace one we lost when building a home for my parents on our property. I needed time to actually plan out where to put these replacement trees. Last season we added two plum trees, two pear trees and two cherry trees( one of which didn't make it).

Off to bring in the last load of laundry and start evening chores. Good day!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...