Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feb.4, 2009

It's hard to believe it's February, our temps. are well into the mid to high 50's F. Today our plan is to finish pruning our fruit trees and cut the old canes back in the raspberry bed. There is also laundry to hang outside in the fresh air. Nothing smells as good as laundry hung outdoors.
This afternoon we need to run into the city( 60+ miles away) to pick up our side pork( bacon) and a ham we had smoked. We only had one ham smoked because it is a special process, not nitrates used and weren't sure we'd like it enough to risk several hams. We avoid as much of the chemicals additives as possible in our foods. When in the city we'll make a few errand stops.
Before leaving we'll put a pot of Taco Soup on the back of the wood cook stove to simmer. We need something ready for a quick supper, as my Dh is teaching a class in our local EMT training seminar tonight.
We are currently pushing back our chore times, as the daylight lengthens, so evening chores are now done around 4:30pm. It's pretty simple at this point, we don't have any cows to milk, so it's a matter of getting them into their stalls, everyone fed and watered for the night.
Blessings to all

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelle, I ran across your blog and look forward to learn a little more about simple living. I love the country, the clear nights with a billion stars and clean fresh smells. The bleeting of sheep and cattle in the distance. We have a house in the mountains and I love going there. We only have 3 acres but I love everything about it. The wild flowers, the birds and my deer. I call them my deer only because when I come and they see my car, they will come and hang around. I bring 300-400 lbs of corn for them. So...I am looking forward to following your blog. I live in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia and my name is Debbie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...