Sunday, September 5, 2010

Our blog received an award!....

Grandpa from Life on the Farm gifted us this special award! 

Now what I'll have to do though is write, about my writing style and habit, and pass the star to other bloggers.

 Blogsphere is a unique place. In which we've found to be a blessing, because there are indeed people with the same interests as us, and they comment, chat and debate on topics and it is such an encouragement as well as a learning experience.

My writing habit and style: My style is my own and I write about things that are passions of mine/ours.
What I write about is what our family sees, feels and are in tune with at that given time. I don't prepare what I'm going to write, I just simply write it, then I proof read it, checking punctuation and spelling( I have been known to have fat finger syndrome and missed typo's because I did NOT proof read*sigh*, typically when I'm in a hurry*wink*
What I write about: Our life on our homestead; my family, friends, funny happenings, our animals and mixed in are music videos, poems, prayers, funny cartoons, recipes, and some politics/ news, etc...... Originally this blog was started as a way for family, on my side, as well as on Mike's, and  friends to follow along with our journey on our homestead. It's far easier for me to type one blog and everyone come here to read it, then to type many, many emails to family and friends. Especially in our busy times of year, Spring, Summer and Fall. I always felt bad about not keeping up on emails to family and friends but there is only so much time in a day and as I age< Uhmmmmm> I notice I poop out a little quicker*wink* and thus need to head to bed a little earlier, LOL!!!  Now all of our added followers( beyond our family and well known friends), like minded friends have made this blogshere a community we treasure. Which we truly enjoy because in our rural area, we don't have people as close neighbors and actually for Montana, the area we live in doesn't have very many people who are living a frugal, simple life.*sigh*

I'm supposed to list our favorite blogs, but we simply can NOT single out any of our favorite blogs, plus we've added several new blogs lately, to our list of favorites, which we thoroughly enjoy as well. So those of you that read this blog; please consider yourself an award winner and post the picture of the award and write about yourself and the whys and hows of starting your blog. I do this also for selfish reasons, because we are swamped with canning, dehydrating, baking, weeding, harvesting and starting the whole process all over! Yes, we're gluttons for punishment and doing our very best to take FULL advantage of all the garden bounties and blessings, even if we're sick of it all*wink*  It's always so reviving to take canned stuff to the pantry and then just stand back and view all the efforts of our labor, PTL!

Thank you again "Grandpa"! Your blog, is one of the new blogs we've added to our list of favorites. You made our day! :o)

3 comments:

Nekkid Chicken said...

So glad you learned how to make a widget. I am learning right now how to upload a video I made of hummingbirds off my back porch at sunset; I may post it on blogspot tomorrow. I lost count at ten of the little wonders. Congrats on your award. ~:> Mal

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Thanks Mal,
So that is what it is called, a widget( see still learning, LOL!!!). I'll be looking to see that video of yours, we have a few hummingbirds here in MT, but they aren't very pretty, shades of brown and gray.

Theres just life said...

Hi Kelle, I found you through Grandpa's blog. I will be following. We live in Texas and are trying to live a frugal life as well. Reading your post reminds me that frugal does not mean living less. It means living better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...