Saturday, September 25, 2010

After supper play time and What was for supper?





There is no recipe, it's one of those throw it together with whatever you have dishes*wink*
I threw in; 1-1/2 lbs loose style Italian sausage
Green onions
 Garlic(minced)
Green pepper
                               Sweet basil( dry, approx. 1/2 tsp.)
                                       Fresh rosemary( 3 small sprigs, minced)
           Fresh Parcel(minced)
     Shredded carrots
        Thin sliced zucchini
I browned the sausage, added approx. 1Tbsp of olive oil, then added onions, potatoes, green pepper and herbs. I simmered this; stirring every so often, when potatoes were still crisp but softening, I added the shredded carrots, added a lid and lowered the flame. This simmered( I stirred it a couple of times) for approx. 12-15 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots were soft. I then added the zucchini slices over the top, replaced the lid and turned off the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.  It was a HUGE hit!  We also had fried eggplant on the side.*wink*



5 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Ah, yes, dogs in the yard and comfort food in the kitchen. How I will enjoy going home soon!

Denise said...

Here I thought he was faking the dogs out and not throwing the stick. That is a nifty thing with the ball on the end. I have never seen one before. The supper looks wonderful!

Hopeful said...

the dogs look like they're having a blast! wow, a jacket? it must be feeling like fall there. we're having a heatwave in southern california, and today in the high desert it's gonna but at least 100 degrees. ugh. can't wait for cooler temps! glad your supper was a hit.

small farm girl said...

Your dogs looked like they were having a ball! Nothing like the intense look of a herding dog. lol. The recipe looks good. I might just have to give it a try.

V.L. Locey said...

Looks like the dogs were having a ball! And that dinner sounds yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...