Friday, September 17, 2010

Guess what I saw this morning????

Snow flurries, I kid you NOT!
                                This picture was taken at 11am .Our high of 56 was at midnight and we dropped steadily all day, with our forecasted temperature at 6pm being, 39F!
It's to....... early for this, first we have summer without summer and now we're skipping Autumn too*sigh*

Cortney did harvesting and clean up yesterday, here is her pile of pumpkin vines.

                                  The cucumbers,sadly still loaded with yellow blooms :o(

The zucchini, harvested and pulled up and placed in piles to dry.

The millet, this is one of our favorite grains and so very beautiful too.

                                A closer view and when dried they are a beautiful golden yellow hue.
                                Okay here is my find of the day! We ended up running an errand for Mike, to pick up hydraulic cylinder parts for cylinders he's repairing, and Cortney and I decided to stop at Goodwill and this is what I found. A unit similar to this one in the Lehman's catalogue sells for something like $180 +S/H and I picked this up for $4.99( if you click the photo you'll see the tag) It made the last minute trip to the city worth while! Whoot, whoot!

                                 It will be interesting to see if we wake up to some snow tomorrow.
                                 Blessings for your weekend everyone :o)

10 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

We have had a hot summer, but cooler weather has definitely come our way.
LOVE your Goodwill find! I have been on the lookout for something similar around here!

Mama Mess said...

Girl it is waaaay too soon for that kinda stuff! Great Goodwill find!

Anonymous said...

So not ready for cold temperatures! Keep them away from Wisconsin please.

Theres just life said...

I could use some of your weather the heat index today was 105. I am so tired of sweating.
I love second hand stores. I found a food saver that retains for $110 at Walmart for $4.00, a bread machine for $5.00, a heavy duty salad spinner for $1.00, and numerous clothes blankets and dishes at the senior citizen and food bank resale shops. This helps our very limited income as well as the charities. A win all the way around.

Faith said...

Wow and wow!

I love your $4.99 treasure. Congratulations!

Why are you pulling up your vines to dry there?

I read about your snowy weather up there. I heard you are in for a wintry winter, according to the recently released long-range weather forecast. Good thing you are always so prepared for it. It will be cozy!

Funny, we feel we never had a spring either, just summer since about April. I hope we have a mild winter. I'm ready for a break.

~Faith

Peggy said...

I am so jealous!!! I want snow and cold weather so badly. Awesome find at the GW.

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Farm girl Cyn,
Thanks for commenting :o)
NOT a hot summer here at all, only maybe two days hit 100F and a handful in the 90'sF
I just love it when I find stuff like this and for such a steal, almost makes me feel guilty, almost*wink*

Good wife,
I concur with you 100%! My MIL emailed that in their place in ND they were already getting snow and it was only 32F< Brrrrr...>
I felt so good when I found this hand operated processor, made the trip to the city worth while ;O)

TJL,
WOW! you've had some wonderful finds too, don't you just LOVE it?
I know some of you have been terribly hot, but the past two summers we've only had a few weeks( all combined)at 100F or over. Typically August is all in the high 90's and 100F *sigh*
Say, thanks for commenting, please keep'em coming*wink*

Faith,
You asked why we're piling the vines to dry up in the garden. Well, it's because our compost pile is FULL and not breaking down because it hasn't been hot enough*sigh* So we're going to burn them and till the ash in.
I've been reading the same weather reports and don't look forward to the below zero temps. It makes life so miserable on the animals*sigh* It also uses up our wood supply quicker, in order to keep the house semi warm, so pipes don't freeze.
I love second hand finds like that, makes me feel selfish, getting such a good deal. Thanks for commenting :o)

Peggy,
I'll send some your way. I don't mind the snow, it's the bitter windchill temps I dislike and not so much for myself but because it's so hard on the animals. Even though we feed good and they have well bedded stalls/ coops it's still miserable for them.:o(
Thanks for adding your $.02, we love hearing from everyone!
Blessings,
Kelle

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Opps! Abbie for some reason your comment showed up later than the others but is before the others????

I'm with you, NOT ready because I love Autumn and again this year it seems we aren't going to get one, let alone not having a summer either*sigh*
Thanks for taking the time to chat, please stop back soon.*wink*

small farm girl said...

Wow! What a great find, or should I say steal? lol. You can keep all of the snow up there for a while. But, I would like to have some rain please. lol

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

SFG,
Hey thanks for stopping by! I do feel like I stole it!
We don't want the snow, well... not this early anyway*wink*
We're off and on in cool down and rainy weather, maybe, just maybe some will swing down your way :o)
Blessings,
Kelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...