Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Christmas was blessed as well as very relaxing

Something I learned is that you can't please everyone. Everyone has their own ideals of how Christmas should be and as I've found they are often far, far, different than my own. To me Christmas is a time to reflect on my faith, celebrate my Saviors birth( whether or not it's the correct time of year) make things pleasant for family and friends, relax and enjoy the day with my family.  We had just that, a relaxing day, filled with much grazing at the table( although I was very good and only ate 3 pieces of fudge and 2 tea cookies) We watch a Walton's Christmas episode, as well as a Little House on the Prairie Christmas episode. My Dad and Brother came over and grazed some too, sharing with me how much they enjoyed the pan of homemade cinnamon rolls we gifted them for their Christmas morning breakfast. 

The goodies Cortney and I worked on off and on for a couple of weeks all were big hits, my Dad admitted he's over done it on the sweet on Christmas eve and was feeling poorly that night. We had ham, sliced, mashed potatoes and gravy, a Pistachio pudding salad( Mike and my Dad's favorite), whole wheat rolls, a homemade cheese ball, goat's cheese( Amy this was the last of your gracious gift) homemade whole wheat crackers( recipe can be found in the 2nd Tightwad Gazette book) several relish tray items, most all of them were homemade canned goodies( my Dad like HOT pickled peppers mixes, so he brought some).

Cortney loves her purse, we still need to felt it( I wanted her to choose). She also got $$ for buying beads and notions for her beading craft( from my parents as well as her Grandma Nita, Mike's mom) as well as a Tracphone( she really didn't need one but, sometimes when she's with friends it will come in handy)  Mike and I didn't exchange gifts( we typically don't) because we'd purchased a new TV( ours up and quit one day a few weeks back) so decided that was our gift to each other.Especially since it was a Want and not a Need!) We did receive a really cute snowman ornament from my Aunt and Uncle in Miles City as well and several friends gifted us with baskets of fruit, homemade cakes and cookies and even fresh bacon, a sharp cheddar cheese, some other goodies as well.

Now soon it will be time to undecorated the tree, pack away all the decorations and get ready to ring in 2011.

Our weather was beautiful( except for the wind), Christmas day was 47F, that is unheard of in Montana.  Today and the first part of this next week( through Wens.) is forecasted to be in the low 40's and gradually working down into the teens by Friday and into the single digits over the New Years weekend. Snow is being forecasted for Wens. through Friday.  It seems December came in like a lamb but is leaving like a lion*sigh*  I know this is what to expect but I NEVER look forward to the sub zero temps and frigid sub zero windchill of January. It's miserable on everyone, especially the animals and I just have to keep in mind that it's only for a month, February is usually much milder and by the end of Feb. we are starting our seeds.  WOW! the time is slipping away from me and I have such a long list of inside chores and jobs to do yet! I'd better get a move on it*wink*
Many blessing to you all.

8 comments:

Nita said...

What a wonderful Christmas at your house. Goodies with family and the birthday of Jesus is what we all celebrate.
I take the Christmas tree and decorations down after the 6th of January when the 3 Kings came to give gifts.
Sharing our love is the greatest gift in the world and I'm blessed with love. I look out my window this Am and the trees are all covered with white frost, about 2 inches of it. Beautiful.
Have a great week. Love and miss ya all

Unknown said...

Your post reminded me that I have not gotten any seed catalogs in the mail yet this year, should start to show up soon, hopefully they will forward to my new address. Yes it sneaks up so very fast. This past year was lost to me I swear. I am glad you had a relaxing Christmas.On to new adventures in the new year.

Lois Evensen said...

That sounds like an absolutely wonderful Christmas holiday. :) So nice to have time to relax with family.

Jamie said...

I am so glad that you all had a very happy,blessed Christmas!!!!We actually are sad that it is over but very happy that we spent it at home with just the 3 of us,eventhough we left late to go see his brothers family but my parents never called or came over(???)Anyways,have a safe New Year.
Jamie

MarkD60 said...

I think your cold weather has headed east.

Anonymous said...

Your day sounded just like ours, right down to the dinner!! It was very laid back - nobody had to go anywhere else and it was just nice. Guys watching football, girls playing with their toys and mom either napping or watching a Christmas story! Really nice day!! Now for New Years! then back to normal!!!...debbie

Mama Mess said...

So glad you had a nice relaxing time. The beautiful thing about life is that we have the choice of how we live it. I know our life choices often don't please others, but as long as they please our Savior, then I don't figure it's anybody else's business!

I'm usually ok with winter until after Christmas. I'm hoping to stay plenty busy so the next two and a half months go by quickly!

God bless!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the acknowledgment---shall have to make some more to last you another yr!!!Milk is dried up here:( Spring will be here soon enough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...