Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday's meandering thoughts and photos


                       A Touch of Autumn
                  Anaheim Chili Peppers & White Tomesol tomatoes( yes they are white)
                       Reducing down the tomato sauce, to be made into pizza sauce and canned.
                      Calendula flowers, plantain leaves and a few odds and ends beans
            Some Fall decor, usually the vase has flowers in it also, but they are becoming scarce now.
             More Fall decor in the living room. A neighbor lady made these scarecrow for us.
 This is a watercolor painting that I did well..... let's see when I was in high school, 27 yrs ago!
             Creeping rosemary and bush rosemary dug and re-potted for over wintering
      Our Fall colors, we don't have all the reds and oranges of those in the Southern states
               " Hoss" is growing like a weed and doing well with his lead breaking.
                            Fennel
                     Green Zebra tomato seed

                     Zucchini seed.

       We're still busy collecting our harvest, dehydrating, canning , lacto fermenting, pickling,jelly and jam making, etc....  Autumn is moving along quickly and we've had warmer temps in our Autumn then we had all Summer.  We're still collecting herbs for drying( sage, parcel, anise hyssop, lemon basil, lemon balm, bee balm, spicy globe basil, comfrey, greek oregano, spearmint, peppermint, etc....

Blessings for your new week, may it be filled with productivity, that certainly is our prayer.

8 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

What lovely images of Autumn. Thank you for sharing. :)

small farm girl said...

Kelle! You should be selling watercolor paintings!!!! That was beautiful!!!!!!

Mama Mess said...

I didn't know you painted, it is lovely! Glad your weather is holding and you are busy filling up the larder! :)

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Lois,
Autumn is my favorite season! I like Spring because after a long winter I'm eager to dig in the dirt but there is just something about Autumn, the smells, colors, cooler temps., a calmness, etc...
Thank you for commenting, we love hearing from everyone. :o)

SFG,
Thank you, maybe someday I'll be famous, to someone*wink* This is one of my talent put on hold until the children were grown. Cortney graduated a year ago but it has taken me this year to get some things wrapped up and it's my mission to begin delving back into some of the areas I miss. Watercolor painting, quilting, crafts, etc..... are areas I hope to pick back up again and have to keep me busy through the winter. :o)


GW,
To think I do still have some secrets*wink* Actually drawing( pencil or pastel) and water color are my passions and I hope to pick back up, after some much needed dusting off*wink* and start enjoying it again. When the children were home and we were home schooling I simply didn't have the time. In fact it's taken me a year to get things in order again so I can begin drawing, painting and working on quilting and crafts.
Mike and I used to have a small craft business, maybe someday we'll start up again, it was hard when the children were small, maybe a retirement hobby we can persue together*wink*
Thanks for your comment and yes we're enjoying our warm Autumn days and cool nights :o)
Blessing to each of you in this new week,
Kelle

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your colorful post! Finally we are having fall weather. Cool during the day and cooler at night! finally!! from 90's down to 50's! thank goodness, fall smells are in the air...debbie

Faith said...

Ho, boy, thanks for the reminder on the rosemary. I would have forgotten it needs to come in for winter!

Beautiful scenes. There is never a post that you are not busy up to your eyeballs in really wonderful activities around your home and farm. I love it!

~Faith

Grandpa said...

What beautiful colors of Autumn...

So you're an artist too - let's see more of your drawings.

Have a wonderful fall

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Debbie,
I love the smells in the Fall air! Glad you're getting some cooler temps.

Faith,
Busy is our middle name right now, maybe with a hint of PANIC, LOL!!!! We're working hard to take full advantage of all the garden blessings and yet get it cleaned up and put to sleep for the winter too*wink* Thanks for stopping in, if it were only for real*wink*

Grandpa,
The colors and smells are my favorite. We've been collecting flowers throughout the summer and fall and pressing them for stationery and cards. Makes those long cold winters alittle easier when you can still enjoy flowers from our gardens. :o)

When things slow down a bit I'll have to pull out some of my drawing and pastels and snap some photos. I really haven't drawn anything for several years. I do do some watercolor cards as gifts off and on but now that our schooling has finished I hope to get set up and begin working on it once again. Hopefully it will be like riding a bike*wink* I will share pictures, just be patient until we get our gardening and preserving wrapped up, okay?

Blessings and thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...