Thursday, April 1, 2010

Since it was snowing outside...

We decided to make homemade whole cracked wheat bread and with the remaining whole wheat flour we made noodles for lasagna for supper tonight!
These were still rising( then photo was taken), and now are baking in the wood cook stove and look and smell wonderful. I'll slice some thick and make garlic bread to go with the lasagna.
We love whole or cracked grain breads, they have such a nutty/ rich flavor.
We've certainly made prettier noodles, but guess what they all taste good!
If you click on the photo, you'll see the whole wheat pieces. Ummmm, Ummmm. :o)
See what I mean about not so pretty noodles, but we were in a hurry and multi tasking*wink*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those noodles look great! I'd like to try it sometime. We always eat whole grain breads and whole wheat pasta. Looks like you had a yummy supper!

Do you have an alternative to your wood cook stove during the hot summer days? My husband is very serious about buying a solar cooker. I hope to do most of our cooking and baking in it, to keep the kitchen from heating up. We also use our barbecue a lot too.

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Mrs. T we do have a gas stove, but rarely use it. In the summer months we use the BBQ or open pit fire for cooking and baking.

I've looked into those solar cookers, but can't justify the cost, so found plans online for a homemade one and may try that.
Blessings,
Kelle

Faith said...

My goodness! I love what you do!

:o)

~Faith

Mama Mess said...

I love love love whole wheat! The other stuff is just tasteless to me. I made a banana cake recipe this week and substitued whole wheat flour, it was delicious!

small farm girl said...

Anything homemade looks good to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...