Monday, April 19, 2010

Picture update....

Getting the ends installed, forefront is finished cut and ready for the window and door installation.

Window cut and framed in and other end all finished and waiting for windows.

Window and door installed and one of the two windows in the end wall. We hope to get the other window installed tonight after Mike gets off work. Then all that is left is installing the 2x4s, 3ft up the sidewall for our rollup walls.

Our cherry bush, this is a sweet cherry and makes the very best jelly and jam!

Today we focused on laundry and hope to have the remainder of the week to finish spreading manure in the garden, build some permiculture raised beds( trying to block out the bindweed), planting potatoes, onions, lettuce, spinach, kale, radishes and mustard greens.

7 comments:

Mama Mess said...

Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Your building is coming along nicely! Sure is big. Pretty soon you can start all kinds of plants! Your cherry bush is just BEAUTIFUL!....debbie

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Thank Goodwife, I knew you'd appreciate it.

Debbie,
Your trees are much more beautiful than anything we have here in MT in the Spring, must be you humidity?
Yep, counting the days to get planting inside the hoophouse*wink*

jamjar,

Nope, my kids knew not to complain about being bored, because Mom would find something for them to do, LOL!
This is the first year it's been this loaded with blooms, it is beautiful and just hummmming with honeybees, so if we don't get frost we should get a good crop. :o)

Barbara said...

Yes always something to do on a farm, never a dull moment indeed.Your building is coming right along, and that tree is just breath taking, so gorgeous. I have put your blog as one of my favorite blogs so hope you will get visitors from that. Hugs my friend, and have a blessed day.
Barbara

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Barbara,
Thank you for adding our blog to your favorites list and I'm going to return the compliment and add your blog to ours. We truly enjoy your blog, so inspirational and we of course love the recipes*wink*
Blessings for the remainder of your week.

Lynn Bartlett said...

Wow, Kelle, have you ever been busy since I last looked at your blog! You must have spring fever! We are going at about the same pace as you, but I'm hoping things slow down soon.

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Yes, I know you can relate, I see you guys are running too! I'm loving it though and I'm also finding out just how out of shape I am after winter*wink* PTL my back is doing great! Cortney has been busier working away from home than working her, but I seem to be able to keep up. I am however rethingking the farmer's market, if she's going to continue to work away from home, that leaves me doing most everything myself. Mike helps when he's home, but then I feel guilty because afterall he needs to rest and relax sometimes too. I'm not looking forward to moving irrigation pipe by myself, I can tell you that
They all grow up and leave the nest, unfortunately it's when we are growing older*wink* and more tired*double wink*
Blessing and you are all in our prayers,
Kelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...