Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cortney's Graduation BBQ

Here are a few pictures of Cortney's Graduation BBQ party.
We have more pictures but need time to get them downloaded.
Here is Cortney's cake, she decided she wanted a Costco cake
and the rest of the meal was homemade. We served BBQ'ed
burgers( with our farm raised beef), baked beans, coleslaw, relish
items( fresh veggies from the garden) and two jello salads( my
Mom made for Cortney's party)

Some of Cortney's guests, enjoying the party( left to right;

A friend, who Cortney helps with lambing every Spring and her Dd,

my Dad talking fishing with our neighbor to the East, Larry.

It was a good turnout, about 26 people. There were 30 confirmed

but one family all came down with something and were nice enough

to call to cancel, so we all weren't exposed to whatever they had,

especially with this H1N1 flu in our midst.

Cortney getting ready to open gifts. She was blessed with very nice

gifts and some money too. Check out Cortney's new glasses, don't

they make her look older*wink*, after all she is now 18 yrs old

A dear friend of Mike's family made this beautiful quilt for Cortney,

knowing her love of horses. That's Dad( Mike in the background)

We will upload more pictures of the day later this week. Tomorrow is

laundry day, I have a case of peaches to can, corn to pick, water the

garden/ yard/ orchard, windfall apples to pick up and all our regular

chores.

On our agenda this week, pull corn stalks and feed to cows, pull loose

the pole bean plants, so they start drying, weed the garden( it's now the

Garden of Weed'n ) pick raspberries, cut lettuce/ mustard and

spinach, harvest rhubarb, cut two head of cabbage and make freezer

slaw, plant some herbs, carrots, beets, and lettuce in pots in the

greenhouse. When our temps cool into the low 80's and high to mid

70's F I'll start sauerkraut in the 5 gallon crock. I'm hoping to make

two or three batches and then keep the rest of the cabbage in the

cellar.

The garden is winding down and now begins the time of cleanup

and getting compost and manure spread and tilled in for the long

winter. I'm looking forward to the rest, I always do and then come

mid January I raring to dig in the dirt again*LOL*!


6 comments:

Faith said...

I had that very same fabric at one time, on what - I don't remember. It's a lovely and fun print.

CONGRATULATIONS, CORTNEY! She actually looks quite beautiful in those glasses. I look awful in mine. Must be the natural beauty of the young.

My garden consists mostly of weeds right now. I hope to rectify that this week. Threats and promises...

Have a terrific day!

~Faith

Judy said...

My husband and I have dreamed of living in an old farmhouse. I enjoyed my visit to your blog. We are trying to get a more simpler life. We just got our first batch of chicks and are very excited. I'll be back to visit more.
Judy

Anonymous said...

Happy Graduation Courtney!! Glad to see you had a great Great Party! Will she be going to school or does she have other plans? what ever they maybe, I wish her the very best!

Guess the garden is pettering out. Time to get ready for fall. I need to get rid of a bunch of flowers that have died or are near death. It is raining here today. We haven't had any for a week. Of course it would rain on a holiday...debbie

small farm girl said...

Cortney did it!!!!!! Congrats! I love her new glasses too. I'm glad you had a good time.

My garden is done too. But now I look back and wish I had more. lol

sfg

Sincerely, Emily said...

Congrats! to Courtney. I like the glasses too, they compliment her beauty well. Funny, while you are pulling up gardens I am just planting here in S. Texas. My first garden since I was growing up (so around 30-ish yrs ago). I am excited and have cucumber and zucchini popping up already (planted 3-4 days ago!) I will be planting more each month as it starts to cool down here. Congrats again to Courtney. Thanks for sharing photos of the party! Oh - really like the horse fabric in the quilt too. I have nieces into horses right now and need to look for horse fabric to make them pillowcases. Emily

Mama Mess said...

I feel the same way you do when fall starts rolling around. Ready for a rest and then I can't wait to get back out there in the spring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...