Friday, December 17, 2010

A beautiful message........... Blessings for your holiday season



                               Burned Biscuits
                                           Author Unknown
When I was a kid, my Mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and
then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a
long, hard day at work.
On that evening so long ago, my Mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and
extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if
anyone noticed!
Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my Mom and ask me how my
day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do
remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and ate every bite!
When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my Mom apologize
to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget
what he said: "Honey, I love burned biscuits."
Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really
liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said,
"Your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides -
a little burned biscuit never hurt anyone!"
Life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people. I'm not the best at
hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone
else. But what I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each
other’s faults - and choosing to celebrate each others differences - is one of
the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting
relationship.
And that's my prayer for you today. That you will learn to take the good, the
bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the
feet of God. Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you
a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker!
We could extend this to any relationship. In fact, understanding is the base of
any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship!


"

"Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket - keep it in your
own."
So Please pass me a biscuit, and yes, the burned one will do just fine. 

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of
battle.
"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."     

9 comments:

Mama Mess said...

Beautiful Kelle! Thanks so much for sharing that with us. It's so very true isn't it?
I'm thankful that God has blessed me with a man like that as well.

Alla said...

Thank you for posting this. I had just gotten off the phone from a very hurtful conversation and was really hurt. This really spoke to my heart and made me feel much better. I just need to eat that burned biscut and go on. Thanks again.

-Heidi said...

I'm reading this from the emergency room where my sweet husband is being seen for his CF... again. What a beautiful story! Pass me a biscuit too!

MarkD60 said...

I love this post!

The first thing that popped in my head was when we were camping, and you drop some food on the ground, you'd say "A little dirt's good for ya!"

And I like "Never keep the key to your happiness in someone elses pocket."

My word verification is notcant

Tonia said...

I love it! I gotta add that last quote to my blog list... BEcause there is no point to life with out Him...

Hopeful said...

this is a beautiful post. such a good reminder to look at the needs of others and practice some compassion instead of just looking to ourselves. thank you for this. i am going to share it with others. we can all use this reminder, i think!

Lois Evensen said...

Ah, yes, no one is perfect. It takes a truly good person to not highlight imperfections in others. Lovely story.

jean said...

Beautiful story and a wonderful reminder.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Thank you.
Sincerely, Emily

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...