Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our pantry

Concord Grape juice from last Falls crop, below that tomato sauce.
The pickles are from last years garden too, I only can pickles
every other year.

Our collection of medicinal and culinary herbs. Sorry it's so dark, the

flash wouldn't work because of the light to the left.

Herbs on the upper shelf, honey, dried beans, peanut butter, etc... on

lower shelf. The shelf directly in front holds canning supplies,new lids, a

case of Sure Gel, vinegar,etc....

Can't get the whole area in a picture, so here is a sliced photo. The

canned goods( apple sauce, green beans, chokecherry juice,stewed

rhubarb sauce, canned beets, etc.....) are on shelves around the back

half and the front half(left side) is our dried goods( flours, raw sugar,

dried beans, pastas,etc...) and the refrigerator for milk and eggs is just

to the left of the buckets.

Just canned these last night, 7 pints of Basil dill beans. Ummmm,

Ummm!

Well, we need to get a move on it, we're picking beans, corn, cukes

this morning, then we'll get barns cleaned, then roll up hoses and start

mowing. I still have a load of sheets to hang out, but am waiting for

whites to dry.

I'll get more of Cortney's pictures posted ASAP.*wink*



12 comments:

Simple said...

It all looks just amazing. God's provisions are truly amazing!
blessings, Fine Linen

Faith said...

What a great idea... pantry pics! I haven't really got one, but I will post what I do have.

~Faith

Always Autumn in my heart said...

I love your pantry. Doesn't it fill your heart to know that you have provided for your family.

small farm girl said...

WOW!!!!My pantry is not even close to looking like that. But, I'll get there sooner or later. lol

Millie said...

Oh Wow! I love it.

Anonymous said...

WOW! you have a ton of food put up! Everything looks so nice and orderlie too! and look at all those canning lids! and pickles! At least you won't go hungry this winter!!!...debbie

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Yes, it is a blessing and it does warm our hearts as well as our tummys*grin*

SFG,
You'll get there, don't forget I've been doing this for 20+ yrs and I'm actually scaling back, because I don't have a teen boy at home anymore*wink* I used to can 100 qts. of beans and now 50qts. is enough, especially with all the other canned veggies and fruit. I used to run out of jars and I have 800-900 jars( qts, pints and jelly)

It all seems overwhelming when you are in the midst of it all( those of you that can know this) but what a blessing it is on a cold wintery morning to just open a door, go downstairs, open another door and pick out what to fix for supper. Sometimes we do have to brave the cold*giggle* and go to the garage for meat.

We picked a bushel basket+ of sweetcorn today, so will work on that tomorrow. Elderberries are ripe and apples need to be cleaned up off the ground. We save everything we possibly can, because you just never know when you'll have another good crop here in Montana, land of the late frosts.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Don't you just feel RICH when you look at the pantry and all the labor of love you have there waiting to feed your family!!!!I remember how I felt when we lived on the farm raising our children...I adored the FILLED pantry shelves...colorful and yummy! xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Kathy,
It is a savings for our budget, as well as an investment, for our health. I love being able to go downstairs, out to the cellar or to the garage to the freezer, to go grocery shopping, especially when the weather is bad and the roads icy. I'm a homebody( chicken) when the weather and roads turn bad, LOL!

granny said...

Very impressive :0) I wish my pantry look half as good ss that ! We dont do much preserving,in our climate we can grow all year round,I do have a Vacola Preserving Unit,that I really should put to more use :0)

Lynn Bartlett said...

I can't wait to have a pantry some day! I love how yours looks!

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Your pantry looks as if it is in great shape, going into the cold months!

What a blessing!

~Kris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...