Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gifts shared!

Yesterday we received a package from dear friends from TX. In a recent phone conversation, she'd shared that their orange crop was about ready for harvest. I told how the oranges we get here in MT are tough, tasteless and pithy, but that Mike's mom had brought fresh oranges, once from CA and they were so juicy they just melted in your mouth. See below, what our gifts were, yes, gifts, not just oranges.........




but pecans from their trees and two Taste of Home Cookbooks for Cortney. In the photo is just a sample of the oranges, we've eaten 5-6 already and there are still 14-15 for our mouths to savory, Ummm, Ummm

Thank you Tom and Irene, you certainly hit the spot!

10 comments:

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

What a sweet package! We've got our oranges turning & a couple should be ready very soon.

Jodi aka One Blessed Mama said...

What a great gift! I'm jealous... ;)

Anonymous said...

Yum, what a nice gift! I love oranges and pecans are my favorite. Good thing I don't live close - I might come over and help my self to a 5 fingered discount!!...debbie

Jenny said...

Hey Kelle- there's an award for you over on my blog!! You can check it out at www.zachsgang.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Isn't that the coolest thing??? The desire of your hearts were fresh oranges, and you got that, and more!!! Friends like that are most certainly a blessing from the Lord!
And those don't come easy. Enjoy!!!

Unknown said...

What a sweet and delicious gift!!

Faith said...

What wonderful friends! I love those cookbooks. Cortney will enjoy them, I bet.

I always remember how the girls in "Little House on the Prairie" were so excited to get oranges as their Christmas presents. :o)

~Faith

Holly said...

What a blessing!! I love getting & giving such thoughtful gifts from friends. Holly

Judy said...

How fun to get a gift like that. I love Taste of Home recipes. I know Cortney will enjoy them.

Missy said...

How terrific is that!! Oranges rack right up there in one of my favorite fruits...and Taste Of Home always has the yummiest recipes!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...