Saturday, September 22, 2012

Just enjoying some new finds!!!

I'm fairly new to facebook, but have found some beautiful Fall pictures on there and would like to share them here for everyone to enjoy! Fall is my favorite time of the year!






 
We also have made some progress on the shop and would like to share it with you all :o)
 

 Making the cuts around the doors and windows slows things down somewhat but for the most part it goes pretty fast, once you get your first sheet leveled and set, then it's just a mater of keeping the following sheets level. This is the front of the shop( North side)
 Yes, I think Mike is to high on the ladder too*gulp* He actually built these type of buildings for a little over a year and he climbs and walks on it like a monkey, makes me a nervous wreck! 
 Once it's all closed in and when the three phase power hooked in( in week or so) we'll begin getting electrical outlets and switches installed and once it's all wired we'll begin insulation and sheeting. Of course this is all on a pay as we go basis and we have all winter*wink*  Mike also will be hooking up his coal/ wood stoker it will set a little off center( toward the right of the above picture) He and a friend built this stoker and it's set up with duct work so he can run across the ceiling to get heat even across the whole shop. I'll get pictures of it, it's quite the stoker!
 Windows are in, Mike changed from four windows across the back( South wall) to just two, but larger than he's originally planned. There is a window on the West end also.  You can see what's left of the garden, the sunflowers are still going strong!
 There is also a walk in door in the back, for our convience :o)
 Mike is cutting a sheet for above the 16 ft garage door and he's using the neatest tool( or so I think*wink*)  It's an electric metal shear and let me tell you it works great!  You do have to be extremely careful of the cut edges as they are razor sharp, my fingers can tell you too!
 
The electric shear cuts a smooth line, with little to no jagged edges. He purchased this through Harbor Freight and it was something like $40 and worth every penny in not having to cut the metal by hand, IMHO that is*wink*   We'll share more pictures as we continue to make headway! The plan is to get the remaining back wall all done before this next weekend, then Mike has a crew showing up to help with the roof. I refuse to help with that, the sheets are 18ft long and I DON'T do ladders, at least more than 3-4 ft high, LOL!!! It's not heights that bother me it's unstable ladders*wink* I've helped roof every house we've owned, as long as I can be on the roof or on the ground I'm good! LOL!!!   The roof is the only portion of this shop that I will not have help with, everything else I've been Mike's right handed woman*wink*

Blessings for your weekend, we're planning on actually taking tomorrow off and just relaxing a bit, sounds like heaven to my ears. :o)

3 comments:

mmpaints said...

Awesome kelle, thanks for the great pics and the update!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Thanks mmpaints :o) How's life been treating you? I try to keep a check on your blog and others but lately I just haven't had the time nor the energy, but will check right now!

Blessings for your day,
Kelle

small farm girl said...

Hey Kelle! Looks like you guys have been busy! Really looking good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...