Wednesday, October 10, 2012

This and That update

    The shop is all closed in and just in time for a rain storm, night before last :o) No leaks, always a good sign.
 The 10x16 door will be on hold til Spring, because Mike needs to get wiring done and then hang the ceiling and get insulating done, so we're going to wall it off from the inside to keep the weather out this winter while he's doing the inside work but first he needs to move in his coal/ wood stoker furnace and benches. He'd better hurry in the wind today I feel ole' man winter creeping in !
 Looks nice, or so I think*wink*
Cottage cheese in the making( last nights project)

 The curd is firm enough for the desired ricotta cheese I need to make lasagna this week.
Whey draining off, almost ready to hang for a few hours before lightly salting and getting into a container for the frig.

Finished product, Ummm, Ummm and it's good, nothing like fresh made!
 
Well we're off to a cleaning job( Cortney and I clean a couple of home for some elderly friends) and we also have a one time cleaning job tomorrow for a friend on a rental they own. It pays good and it gets me away from the farm for awhile, which I need sometimes *wink*
Have a blessed week everyone, I know you're busy too but we sure miss your comments*sigh*
 

6 comments:

sista said...

Looks great. My man would kill for that shop and I would like it just because all his mess would be somewhere besides the garage. LOL!

Denise said...

Your building looks so wonderful. Bet you cant wait until spring. We had a patchy frost come through the other day but we didnt get any. I still have a watermelon growing in my garden. Temps are supposed to be in the 80's the rest of this week into next.

Tonia said...

It all looks good! yeah for no leaks! I love the sunflowers!!!

small farm girl said...

The building is looking good! We are starting to feel winter coming in here too.

Barbara said...

Great building, yep my man would love that one too, cottage cheese, homemade? Looks good, be blessed

Tracy said...

My son loves ricotta cheese (I see you mentioned that) so I guess you need to put up a tutorial to teach me how to make it, hmmmmm??? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...