Monday, June 20, 2011

Wonderful, Crazy and wild weekend!

Yep, it wasn't just the typical run of the mill Father's Day weekend for us. You see my Birthday was on Sunday too! The weekend started off with Cortney leaving early Friday afternoon for a B-day party at a friends. They had a great time,and even though it was only in the mid to low 60'sF that didn't stop them from swimming in a pond and even challenging each other on the zip line dropping into the pond. She didn't get home until 11pm. Mike and I took a more relaxed approach to Friday night and snuggled on the couch, watching an old western; Steve McQueen in "Wanted Dead or Alive". It was actually a series and we watched two episodes before dosing off to sleep on the couch.*wink*  Saturday morning I awoke to a beautiful bouquet of wild flowers in a vase that Cortney had gathered while at the B-day party, those and a card were left for my B-day on the kitchen table, very sweet and touching. :o)  She again was off and running only this time with her Uncle and his girlfriend, to the local motorcylce hillclimbs. It started at 2pm and she was home around 11:30pm. She thoroughly enjoyed the day and got autographs from almost all the riders.  Mike and I went to the city and did some pawn shop hopping, looking for some work related tools and other treasures. Sadly none were to be found, but we enjoyed the trip and the search. Mike took me out for lunch and then back home to care for animals and relax a bit. Out of the blue Mike says lets go! I said, " where?", he said, " It was a surprise!", so we cleaned up and headed out. Turns out we went to a movie, which was fun and a nice break from all the work we've all been doing around the place and on Mike's outside job.  At midnight Mike gave me one of two of my B-day gifts( get your minds out of the gutter*wink*)  here is the first one, isn't it beautiful!!!!  I was shocked, he typically isn't so romantic, just shows there is always room for change; and let me tell you I love it!!!!( the necklace and the change, even after 27 yrs he can still knock my socks off*wink*)
Here is the second part, which he gave me Sunday morning after breakfast. Didn't he do a fabulous job of picking such beautiful necklaces?  I'm still floating on a cloud!

 Here is a close up( above), it has tiny diamond chips inlaid around the stone and it's so delicate.
Cortney then told us she was taking us to lunch in the city, for Father's Day and my B-day. We let Mike choose, as Saturday was my special time with him for my B-day. Mike picked Applebees and we had a wonderful lunch. I knew then after a call or two on the cell phone that he and Cortney were up to something, finally they confessed they'd invited my brother and his girlfriend over for a BBQ and a movie.  The evening was filled with good food and great conversation. In getting to know my brother's girlfriend we truly have so much in common, and we laughed and laughed at Cortney and my brother telling about being lost at the hill climb. Cortney kept saying, there were so many people, millions it seemed, LOL!!!  All and all we ALL shared and had a wonderful weekend, I personally, was sad to see it end, of course I never like to see Mike go back to work. I'd much rather he could be here more, but we still need a paycheck of sorts until we can get his hydraulic repair and CSA garden businesses off the ground, then he can come home to work, which I'll love and so will Cortney!
Praying your weekend was filled with many blessing and wonderful memory making moments, Ours sure was!  BTW age is just a # to me so I'll share, I'm proud to be 46 yrs old! LOL!!!!

I do have updated picture of the gardens and what we've been up to around the farm and will try to post mid week, keep checking back *wink*

8 comments:

Nita said...

Kelle what a wonderful story weekend. Love hearing how much you all enjoy yourselves and family. So great your brother is home and you two share your lives. I love having family.
Your gifts are beautiful....now he has to take you on dates to show off. Fun times ahead.
Cortney is enjoying life as usual...love and hugs to all

HossBoss said...

Happy belated birthday ...sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time! Mike certainly has good taste in jewelry. Wonder if Courtney was helpful in that department. In any case, they are both very pretty and it was a extra special gift.

MarkD60 said...

Sounds like a good weekend. Happy belated B Day!

Mr. H. said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like a wonderful weekend.:)

Denise said...

Glad to hear you had a very wonderful B-day. I hit the big 5-0 this year and you're right it is just a number. Although I cant wait to get my senior discount...LOL ;)

small farm girl said...

So does that mean there is hope for MY hubby? heheheheeh. Your DH done a nice job.It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Also nice to know that you had so much in common with your brother's girlfriend. It's nice to have someone you can talk to who knows the family. lol

goatldi said...

Happy Birthday! And I am proud to be 62 don't worry you will catch up but I will still be ahead.

Enjoy!

Lois Evensen said...

What a lovely, lovely weekend you had! Happy Birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...